1. Computer Vision & Reverse Engineering
• Study and development of 2D artificial vision systems for industrial applications: control, automatic measurement, classification and process optimization.
• Study and development of computer vision systems for quality control, morphologic analysis, colorimetry, spectrophotometry.
• Development and implementation of 3D acquisition systems for metrology and reverse engineering, based on optical technologies (e.g. 3D scanners for specific anatomical regions).
• 3D scanning and digitization of objects and environments by means of reverse engineering techniques. Advanced knowledge of CAD and geometric modelling software systems.
• CAD reconstruction from orthographic views or 3D scanned data
2. Design methods and CAD modelling
• Computer-aided design of mechanical and industrial systems and mechanisms.
• Application of topology optimization and generative design techniques.
• Modelling and simulation of mechanical and industrial systems (FE & multibody analyses).
• Study of personalized CAD software tools for specific design needs (e.g. design of medical devices,
• Design of human-computer interaction systems
• Computational models for product development.
• Modeling and optimization of industrial systems implementing artificial intelligence methods, development of predictive methods for process optimization.
3. Additive Manufacturing
• Application of design for additive manufacturing techniques. Manufacturability analysis and improvement for additive systems (e.g. compliant mechanisms, self-supporting structures).
• Modeling and fabrication of prototypes for ergonomic, aesthetic and functional validations.
• Study and modelling of high-performance porous and lattice structures for engineering and medical applications.
4. Industrial and Environmental Acoustics
• Monitoring of industrial noise, noise mapping, impact analyses.
• Design of acoustic mitigation systems for road, train and industrial noise sources.
• Experimental acoustic characterization of machinery.
• Design of active noise-cancelling systems for both impulsive and stationary noise sources.